- Evaluation of Student Writing Performance in Grades 1–6 of Marshalltown Community School District
- Evaluation of Student Writing Performance in Grades 7–11 of the Council Bluffs Community School District
- Evaluation of the Council Bluffs Community School District’s 2021 Summer Reading Program
- Evaluation of the Sioux City Community School District’s Implementation of Small-Group, Skills-Based Literacy Instruction
- Evaluation of the Council Bluffs Community School District’s 2019 Summer Program
- Early Literacy Survey of Iowa Elementary Schools: Statewide Results
- Evaluation of the Council Bluffs Community School District’s 2018 Summer Reading Program
- An Investigation of Two Approaches to Fluency Instruction in the General Education Classroom: Repeated Reading Versus Varied Practice Reading
- Evaluation of the Council Bluffs Community School District’s 2017 Summer School Program
- Report of the Kindergarten-Second Grade Phonics Materials Review for the Ames Community School District
- Report of the 2016 Intensive Summer Reading Program (ISRP) Study
The Council Bluffs Community School District in 2021 offered an in-person summer learning program to elementary students, during which students’ reading performance was assessed with the Measure of Academic Progress. On average, students in the program at all grade levels maintained their reading performance from spring of the previous academic year to the end of the program, and from the end of the program to a posttest in the subsequent fall.
The 2021 summer program was held after students had experienced inconsistencies in their education for over a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which impacted the structure of the program. This also caused teachers to be out of practice with the usual instructional routines. Thus, it is not advisable to make direct comparisons to previous years’ summer programs.